Is Your IT Department Overwhelmed, Unable to Keep Up and Facing Projects They Cannot Handle on Their Own?
If So, I’ve Got A Solution You Should Consider
April 2nd, 2021
From the Desk of Brian Curtis
Founder & CIO, DominionTech Computer Services
Does your IT lead frequently come to you for more money, more tools, more staff, more help, but you constantly have to tell them to “make do” until you can find the budget for it?
Are you worried that your IT department may not be adequately prepared to handle a serious cyber security breach, or recover you from a ransomware attack?
Do you have a sneaking suspicion that your IT department is underperforming simply because they’re stretched to their limit and unable to get ahead of the endless number of projects they need to complete?
I know you’re tempted to think, “We don’t need more IT. Our internal IT department has it handled.” "Which is exactly why I’m writing you today.
My name is Brian Curtis, and I’m the Founder & CIO of DominionTech Computer Services, an IT services firm based in Vermont.
Fact is that your IT department might NOT be as prepared as you may think to handle the rising complexity of your growing company AND the overwhelming sophistication of cyberthreats with the current resources, time, and skill sets they have.
If true, your organization is at risk for a significant IT failure.
To be crystal clear, I’m NOT suggesting your IT lead/staff aren’t smart, dedicated, capable, hardworking people. Fact is, NOBODY likes to go to the CEO with “bad news”, constantly ask for more money, or help. Further, it can take a small army to run an IT department for a company of your size and growth – and you may be expecting too much of them, setting them up for failure.
When All Hell Breaks Loose, You Can’t Blame Them
I’ve sent this letter to you to find who would be the most appropriate person, or people, to talk to about how we can fill in the gaps in your IT department. Thus, giving them the desperately essential support and tools, they need WITHOUT adding to your overhead.
From my experience, companies of your size and growth are in a precarious situation: You’re big enough to need a professional-grade IT department but can’t afford to add significant overhead in IT tools and staff – particularly IT specialists with skills and tools that are only needed part-time.
Because of this, your IT lead or department could be underfunded, underutilized, and struggling to keep up. While they’re working extremely hard to deliver the best IT services they possibly can, even the most competent IT person cannot do it all, know it all, or handle the tsunami of tasks, details, and projects being asked of them.
That’s where we can help. We’ve developed a NEW and innovative service designed specifically for companies like yours to fill in the gaps in your IT department. We call this service “co-managed IT.”
What Is Co-Managed IT?
In short, co-managed IT is a way for growing companies to get the helping hands, specialized expertise, and IT management they need WITHOUT the cost and difficulty of finding, managing, and retaining a large IT staff OR investing in expensive software tools.
This is NOT about taking over your IT leader’s job or replacing your IT department. It’s also NOT a one-off project-based relationship where an IT company would limit their support to an “event”.
It IS a flexible partnership to help you get superior IT support and services at a much lower cost. Here are just a few of the reasons why CEOs of similar-sized companies are moving to a co-managed approach:
- We don’t replace your IT staff; we make them BETTER. By assisting them, giving them access to the best-in-class tools and training, and freeing them to be more proactive, we make them FAR more productive for you. As a bonus, THEY won’t get burned out, frustrated, and leave.
- You don’t have to add to your head count. Let’s face it: overhead walks on two legs. Plus, finding, hiring, and retaining TOP talent is brutally difficult. With co-managed IT, you don’t have the cost, overhead, or risk of a big IT department.
- Your IT team gets instant access to the same powerful IT automation and management tools we use to make them more efficient.These tools will enable them to prioritize and resolve your employees’ problems faster, improve communication, and make your IT department FAR more effective. These software tools are included with our co-managed IT program.
- 24/7 Emergency Support. If your network goes down, disaster strikes, or your internal IT leader is unable to be reached due to vacation or sick time, we can instantly provide support to get your company back up and running.
- You get a TEAM of smart, experienced IT pros. No one IT person can know it all. Because you’re a co-managed IT client, your IT lead will have access to a deep bench of expertise to figure out the best solution to a problem, to get advice on a situation or error they’ve never encountered before, and to help decide what technologies are most appropriate for your company (without spending your valuable time investigating them ALL).
- You’ll stop worrying (or worry less!) about falling victim to a major cyber-attack, outage, or data-erasing event. We can assist your IT leader in implementing next-gen cyber security protections to prevent, or significantly mitigate the damages of a ransomware attack or security breach. We also assist in providing end-user awareness training and help you initiate controls to prevent employees from compromising the security of your network and data.
- We provide your IT leader and team free workshops and training. We offer educational webinars for our clients so they’re more informed on critical topics such as cyber security, disaster recovery, compliance regulations, best practices and more.
There are several reasons our company is uniquely positioned to be your co-managed IT partner. Other IT firms provide short-term, project-based services, monitoring only, or only managed services designed to replace you and your IT department. True co-managed IT is NONE of these things.
We are a partner you can TRUST. We’re the team that will stay up into the wee hours of the night fixing a problem. We’re the team you can call when an unexpected problem or crisis arises. And because we already know your environment, we can step in at any time FAST.
We are also the leader in efficient, responsive IT services and support. We currently serve over 74 businesses in Vermont and have a solid reputation for service built on over 20 years’ experience.
I have invested thousands of dollars, and over 20 years into developing the most efficient, robust, and responsive IT support system so you don’t have to. The co-managed IT support we provide will dramatically improve your effectiveness of your IT team while saving you money.
Think Co-Managed IT Is Right for You?
Our Free Consultation Will Give You the Answer
If this letter struck a chord and you want to explore how a co-managed IT relationship would benefit your organization, we’ve reserved initial telephone appointment times with our most senior leadership team to evaluate your specific situation and recommend the co-managed IT approach that would work best based on your specific needs, budget, and goals.
We work with your IT lead to determine areas that are lacking to unearth potential problems such as 1) inadequate or outdated cyber security protocols and protections, 2) insufficient backups, 3) unknown compliance violations, 4) workloads that can be automated and streamlined for cost savings and efficiency, and 5) insufficient (or no) documentation of IT systems and assets.
To Request This Consultation:
- Go online to: https://www.dominiontech.com/co-managed-consult/
- Call us direct at 802-764-8609
- E-mail your appointment request to my colleague Jeff Smalley at firstname.lastname@example.org
One Important Request
We STRONGLY encourage you bring your IT lead into this Consultation so they can discuss where they feel they need the most help, and where your IT department is underutilized.
Even if you prefer we work with your IT leader direct, I strongly urge you to be involved. I realize that IT is not something you might fully understand, and that you are up to your neck in critical projects and deadlines – but decisions about allocating resources and budget DO require your approval and attention.
Therefore, please note that we are happy to conduct an evaluation working mostly with your IT lead but would request you be involved, at some level, in looking at what we discover and propose.
We look forward to working with you and your team.
Dedicated to your success,
Brian Curtis, Founder & CIO
DominionTech Computer Services