How Much Should IT Services Cost Your Small Business?
When Before we discuss pricing, let's touch upon the different types of Managed Services you have access to:
- Break Fix - Essentially you pay an agreed-upon hourly rate for a technician to “fix” your problem when something “breaks.”
- Reactive Managed Services - This is a model where the IT services company takes on the role of your fully outsourced “IT department” and monitors your computer network.
- Proactive Managed Services - Proactive managed IT is similar to reactive managed IT in the sense that you have a fully outsourced IT department that supports all of your devices, security and maintains the top performance of your computer network.
- Co-Managed Services - Co-managed services refers to when a company has an in-house IT specialist and they use an MSP to supplement their department.
Now that you are up to speed with service options, let's discuss pricing.
- Cheapest (Most Reactive) Option -The cheapest option you will find is break-fix or an option to buy a block of hours. With this model you will only get help when something breaks or when they have some time to dedicate to your account. You can expect to pay about $75-$125 per hour.
- Mid-range (Reactive) Option -The mid-range option includes reactive managed services where you can expect to have an outsourced IT partner that monitors your network but doesn’t work proactively to prevent issues. You can expect this model to run around $100-$120 per device/user.
- Most Expensive (Most proactive) Option -At the highest tier of pricing, packages are in the range of $150 to $200 per server, $100 to $200 per desktop and approximately $40 per smartphone or mobile device. In this scenario, your IT company supplies the majority, if not all, of the infrastructure that underpins your system, and they are constantly running tests to make sure that your network is secure.
You can download our guide with more details and company criteria that would make your company the right fit for each tier.
Started in 2001, DominionTech is a complete technology solution provider. We are 100% committed to making sure business owners have the most reliable and professional IT service in Vermont and New Hampshire. Our team of talented IT professionals can solve your IT nightmares once and for all.
See What Our Clients Are Saying
They have bridged the gap between internal and outsourced IT
We were afraid that we would lose the “hands on” benefit of internal IT, but the dedicated support team at DominionTech has exceeded our expectations. During the on-boarding process, several team members spent ...Read More
They are very capable & adept at handling our IT issues
Prior to getting connected to DominionTech, we had antiquated software and hardware that caused things to run poorly and break often. At the time, our IT issues were taken care of by an in-house individual who was ...Read More
DominionTech takes IT emergencies very seriously
Prior to working with DominionTech, we tried to manage our IT solutions by ourselves. Over time, that proved to be an unsustainable approach. We simply could not staff an IT person that could cover the broad spectrum of IT ...Read More
Vermont Mechanical Inc.