Support Desk Technician
DominionTech Computer Services is a growing technology and Cloud consulting company in search of an experienced IT professional to serve businesses throughout Vermont. We are looking for "A" players. Join our elite team of dedicated technology consultants and deliver exceptional services with the latest technologies.
A successful candidate must have excellent customer service skills via phone and email as well as server, network, and desktop experience. DominionTech places significant emphasis on strong work ethics, dedication, integrity, and team unity. Previous MSP experience is a plus! We require advanced troubleshooting ability and experience in a fast-paced environment. The candidate must be organized, detail-oriented, and possess the ability to efficiently solve technical issues ranging from desktops, to servers, and networks.
- Working with clients and addressing their IT administration and support needs
- Work with clients to understand their business needs and identify and recommend solutions to make their operations more efficient
- Ensure that clients' infrastructure is healthy, stable and configured with accepted IT best practices
- Stay abreast of client needs at all times and address with urgency
- Communicate constantly with co-workers and clients to ensure clients' expectations are met and exceeded
Possess a broad range of technical expertise, including but not limited to:
- Desktops hardware & software
- Networking equipment including switches, firewalls, routers, UPS and access points
- Experience implementing and maintaining backup solutions/disaster recovery
- Experience with a wide variety of Windows operating systems Win7-10.
- Windows Server 2008-2012
- Microsoft Office support. Office 365 support experience is a plus
- Experience with virtualization
- Network administration is a plus. Experience with AD and GP
- Remote monitoring and automation platforms
- Connectwise, Labtech experience is a plus.
- Virtualization with VMWare is a plus.
- Maintain network and server infrastructures across multiple companies
- Assist with the implementations of various projects (Servers, Virtualization, Disaster Recovery)
The ideal candidate will also possess the following characteristics:
- Preferably have worked in the IT services industry providing solutions and support to clients
- Ability to multi-task and possess strong organizational skills
- Strong infrastructure troubleshooting skills and techniques to solve complex issues
- Strong customer interaction and follow-up skills
- Linux experience a strong plus
- Possess current Microsoft certifications is a plus
- Assertive, customer-oriented and goal-driven attitude
- 2-5 years experience
- Excellent customer service skills: communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Attention to detail: punctuality, scheduling, & ticket documentation
- Ability to use good judgment to effectively prioritize work
- Multi-tasking & organized
- Invest in personal technical education and certification (this is important. We want you to grow and will provide time and resources to do so)
please complete application by taking our pre-qualification test at:
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year