With over 75 million daily users, Microsoft Teams has quickly become a hot topic in the business world. While it is a not a new product from Microsoft, recent events surrounding COVID and the way we work have drastically increased the need for collaboration tools.
So, what exactly is Microsoft Teams?
Simply put, Teams is a chat & collaboration platform where all conversations, meetings, files, and notes can be accessed by team members in one place and is part of the Microsoft 365 suite of services. (That means it’s totally free if you already have Microsoft 365)!
If your company is already utilizing Teams, or are thinking about making the switch, here are our top 5 ways Teams can Improve your businesses collaboration:
1. Integration with Microsoft 365 – Arguably the most important feature of Teams is the integration with Microsoft 365. This integration allows your staff to collaborate on documents and projects without having to switch apps. You can easily access Word, Excel, or PowerPoint documents within Teams, and share it with coworkers instantly. This collaboration can be done in either in a team’s channel or directly in a chat.
2. Fewer E-Mails – Gone are the days of back and forth emails to edit documents, get approvals, or ask a quick question. With Teams, you can instantly message your colleagues to communicate the information you need to stay productive during your workday. Less e-mails equals less clutter! Even better, each department in your company can be assigned to their own Teams channel, so that only those working on certain tasks are notified.
3. Customizable Teams Channels – As mentioned above, each department in your business can get their own teams’ channel. Here, they can share, edit, and discuss any projects they are working on with their team members. Each channel has a dedicated chat tab and files tab, but it doesn’t stop there. You can utilize the App Store to add a new tabs such as Planner, Adobe Creative Cloud, and websites you frequently use. The options are endless!
4. Improved Meeting Experience – When you create a meeting in Teams, you can immediately start chatting with the participants. You can discuss the agenda, share relevant files, and keep track of post-meeting notes and to-do’s. The call recording is also instantly available, so anyone who missed the meeting can find everything they need.
5. Accessible via Desktop, Mobile Device or Web Browser – Teams is available on multiple platforms so your staff can always be connected. Whether you are in the office, working from home, or on the road, your team can easily stay connected.
Microsoft Team’s is a powerful communication and collaboration tool, that’s already taking the market by storm. If you are curious to learn more information about how Teams can improve your businesses collaboration, make sure you don’t miss our live webinar taking place on Thursday, July 30th, 2020!